For those who accuse Cristiano of being narcissistic for opening his museum in his home town Funchal on the Madeira island:
Portuguese magazine Record reports about Cristiano’s visit:
Cristiano Ronaldo was welcomed on Tuesday by the President of the Regional Government of Madeira, Alberto João Jardim. Cristiano invited the President to the inauguration of his museum on December 15th on occasion of this courtesy call. Cristiano was accompanied by some family members.
After the brief meeting with the head of the regional government, Ronaldo once again visited the location of his museum, where he will exhibit individual trophies.
Before the meeting with Alberto João Jardim, Cristiano had lunch with his manager Jorge Mendes and some Asian businessmen who accompanied him on the trip from Madrid. The Portuguese international had arrived early Tuesday morning at Madeira, by private jet, accompanied by his mother, Dolores Aveiro, his son Cristiano Ronaldo Junior, Jorge Mendes and the Asian businessmen.
Investing in the region of Madeira is the declared objective of CR7, who stated that this was one of the purposes of the brief meeting he had with Alberto João Jardim, President of the Regional Government .
"I help as much as I can and should. Today I had the opportunity to speak with our president and we discussed some important topics for the future of the island. Madeira is my native land (home)."
- So Cristiano, selfish and arrogant as always, dares to care about his native island and town.
- Cristiano doesn’t forget about his roots, giving back to his people and to the place where he was born and made his first steps towards being the best footballer.
- The CR7 museum, and even more so the investment in projects for Madeira, will help the economy of the region, and the tourism, already the main industry of the island.
- Many Madeira tourists will take the opportunity to visit the museum. And some, if not many fans will travel there to see the memorabilia and trophies of their idol.
- The people of Madeira themselves have a place where they can feel closer to their most famous son.
- And wouldn’t it be more selfish to keep all these awards, trophies, jerseys, footballs, etc in his own home instead of sharing it with the people?
Cristiano in his home town Funchal, Madeira island, to look after the progress of the CR7 Museum, that will be opened on December 15th.
Q: Ballon D’Or?
"I already have space reserved for the Ballon D’Or I already have (2008). We’ll see what happens".
Q: Attend the Ballon D’Or Gala in Zurich?
"I don’t want to talk about the Ballon D’Or. I think, what I already said about that is enough. Now I have to dedicate myself to play well in the last matches of the year. That’s the most important thing.
Awards are important, but not the most important thing. I think individual awards are a result of the collective work. Therefore, it’s nothing to worry about.”
Q: Platini’s remark
"I don’t want to comment this either."
Q: Group draw for the WC 2014
"That doesn’t worry me. I think we should be happy that we are at the World Cup and then enjoy it."
Q: Sporting Lisbon
"I see a good Sporting, strong, competitive. I hope they will be Portuguese champions."
- my translation -
A Bola (my translation)
- Ronaldo in Funchal with trophies for his museum -
Cristiano Ronaldo landed this morning at about 2 o’clock in Funchal, in a private flight from Madrid, accompanied by his mother Dolores and his son.
In his luggage he had the two trophies won on Monday: Best player in the Spanish League in season 2012/13, awarded by MARCA, and the Most Valuable Player (MVP) of the Spanish League in season 2012/13, awarded by the LFP.
Ancelotti tells it like it is:
"If I could sign one player for Real Madrid, it wouldn’t be Messi, I’d rather reinforce another position.
We have Cristiano, who needs Messi? God gave him a special gift”.
LFP Grand Prize of Most Valuable Player season 2012/13
"Good evening. It’s an honour and a privilege for me to be here and receive this awards. I’d like to thank my teammates at Real Madrid, all the people who are involved in achieving this award, my family, my people.
Thank you very much and I will try to win more individual and collective prizes. Thank you.”